As 2016 is around the corner, the question is what this year will bring for Big Data. Here are my top assumptions for the year to come:
- The growth for relational databases will slow down, as more companies will evaluate Hadoop as an alternative to classic rdbms
- The Hadoop stack will get more complicated, as more and more projects are added. It will almost take a team to understand what each of these projects does
- Spark will lead the market for handling data. It will change the entire ecosystem again.
- Cloud vendors will add more and more capability to their solutions to deal with the increasing demand for workloads in the cloud
- We will see a dramatic increase of successful use-cases with Hadoop, as the first projects come to a successful end
What do you think about my predictions? Do you agree or disagree?